Wednesday, October 22, 2008

DEAR MR.EGO,

Thank you for the great years you have served me in this life. For much too long you have held my head in any direction you have desired. Your fancies in life you've imposed on me, but it's not your fault, I blame you not, you simply did that which is absolutely essential to your survival.

Like any entity that exists as expression of life in this universe, you too have a proper place. I see you trying to divert even these very words I now write. You are indeed very cunning, clever like a well camouflaged snake slithering through a canyon to catch it's prey. My resting birds of vanity and conceit is what you prey on. The little field mouse of judgment and calculation of constant comparisons that ultimately lead to self annihilation are your favorite treats of all.

I would like to invite you to a fair dual, a war of hemispheres perhaps. I've been walking with a blindfold on, being led by your hand, in complete trust I followed you - until a rain drop landed on my nose and something changed in that moment. I had never before felt through my own skin. I found to have eyes in places before I could not imagine. This veil you have upon my eyes is slowly unraveling. It's soft and tender fibers are beginning to bother me where before I took them as my own face.

Forever I have been trying to find this present that's supposed to contain complete happiness and peace, like walking the escalators in opposite directions when all I had to do is stand still.

Your ways are indeed cunning dear friend. This constant game of self seeking so you can feel important is getting restless. Constant approval is completely ridiculously retardedly unnecessary. What is that pleasure you are seeking by playing your music THAT loud in the car - trying to find the nearest victim with an open window to have an opinion about you.

Lets play fair, I need you to be here, and you need me to survive - so lets see if we can benefit each other, sort of like a good business transaction, to put it in your language.

Sincerely,

Yeva Babayan

No comments: